Cob: Machine mixing methods.

Ryan Auge ryan_auge at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 10 12:07:09 CDT 2002

Hi there,
   I've read some of the messages relating to mixing cob with machines, and was
noticing that a lot of the conversation leads towards cement mixers.  I was
wondering if anyone had ever experimented with using a commercial grade dough
mixer, like those used in bakeries and restaurant kitchens, to mix cob.  Cement
mixers tend to basically scrape the contents of the mixer along and up the
outside edges of the container, then let gravity pull the contents back down
into itself.  Dough mixers rely on the motion of the mixing arm to more
consistantly kneed the contents of the container into itself.  I would think
this would allow a pretty good cob mix, straw and all, considering the quality
of doughs that come out of commercial mixers even when all the ingredients are
just tossed straight into the bowl while the machine is running.  If you have
tried, or can try, why not let everyone know.

Ryan Auge

Movies, Music, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca