Cob: Machine mixing methods.

Shawn Antaya antaya_s at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:35:56 CDT 2002

Ryan,

FYI - I've used a plaster mixer with great success.  The batches have a
little extra water but this proves acceptable in the dry Taos, NM climate.
The rubber blades on this mixer scrape the sticky cob off the walls of the
mixer to get a consistent blend of clay, sand, straw and water.  A bread
mixer (to my memory) does not scrape the walls.  I've found that cob sticks
to everything while bread dough tends to stick to itself.  A thick cob
mixture may not mix properly, a thin mixture may mix well but be too thin.
Good luck.  :-)

Sincerely,
Shawn Antaya