Cob: Machine mixing methods.

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Jun 10 21:31:01 CDT 2002

Ryan,

Another idea for you.

If you made a little cob holding area for mixing.  A hole and possible a
little levee around it.  You could put in your clay soil, straw, water
it, and then put on long rubber  boots and employ a roto-tiller, to mix
up the pit of cob.  I've not done this personally, so I don't know if
it'll clog up or not, but I  have seen a picture of it.  I should think
the percentage of water is important.  It would be a very simple
solution and roto-tillers are usually available at nearby machine rental
stores.

Darel