Cob: Machine mixing methods.

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 11:22:59 CDT 2002

       I have done rototilling cob personally and I know that it does work.
It is particularly good when the clay soil is very dense and hard. I put sand
on the clay soil added water and mixed it till it looked like it had the
right amount of clay. Then I transferred the mix to a tarp added more water
and straw.
       If you chop the straw you can probably mix that in with the rototiller
too. Straw that is not chopped will wind its self up around the tines.
       Ed