Cob: In The South

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Jul 9 20:21:37 CDT 2002

Apearantly someone (here in the U.S) built a cob home on a
floodplain, and sure enough, it flooded a couple of years after
completion.  Even with  four feet (a bit more than a meter) of
standing water, it stood for almost four days before collapsing.

This was the cob demonstration bldg. I believe built in TX...not sure
where, someone else may know. It was washed away in a big flood that
year, and someone I spoke with ( a woman Dr. as I recall) had worked on
it and had sent me  photos a few years ago.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
707-441-1632