Cob: radiant cooling w/ Cob-pex tubes

bo norsker bonorsker at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 18:00:11 CDT 2002

Cob is actually the perfect medium for pextubes, due
to the slow buffereffect it is able to keep a good
constant temperature.
I live in Denmark with a relative cold northern
european coast climate. Here we have built a 100 sq.
meter hall ( just brick walls) with cob floor. Theres
embedded pextubes in it, done after the model you
would use in a concrete floor. We tried both
solarpanels and the oilburnerstove wich heat the
mainhouse. The effect are perfect, Im quite sure you
can coole a house in hotclimate summers the same way.
When the floor have the right temperature its less
important with the airflow bcs temperatures are more
equlled. I dont have any experience with placing
pextubes in walls, I can imagine it without problems
but I think the floor are the right place.

Aslak Lunn