Cob: radiant cooling w/ Cob

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Aug 8 00:42:58 CDT 2002

Jfrost,

these are good ideas.  It would work.  It just has to be implemented.  I
feel this is a very good way to go. There are even variations on this
and even using batch water storage for different times could be though
of, but the simpler system is easiest to maintain most likely.  Take the
water that has heated up during the day out to cool for the night for
the next day, bring in new cool outside air or water from a seperate
pool to replace it and cool off the house even more for the night.

This would most likely require an active system, using pumps and what
not.  For a simple system maybe just a direct d.c. solar pump to
circulate the water at the first morning's light and maybe once again at
the last of the daylight.

Darel