Cob: New cob book

JoOhio1 at aol.com JoOhio1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 14 06:53:11 CDT 2002

 "The Hand Sculpted House, A  Practical and Philosophical Guide to Building a
Cob Cottage"

I purchased this book and while I have not read it from cover to cover, I did
find the portions read to be thorough and exactly what I was looking for in a
book on cob building.  Desiring more knowledge of the particulars of cob
construction, this book gives excellent details.  I would say that it's
pretty concise.  The drawings are excellent and a real help, but do not take
space away from the massive amount of information presented.  The photos are
like a blink of the eye in space occupation, as are the small, but
informative appendixes.  IMHO, it seems a valuable reference book for both
the novice or the more skilled cob builder.

Jo

"There will come a time when we will sit down
to the banquet of our consequences."
Robert Louis Stevenson