Cob: my take New cob book

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Aug 14 12:37:49 CDT 2002

I'm the one who said she liked the "buy nothing", that's the type of philosophy
stuff that appeals to me. knowing that I still have to buy stuff like stain for
my redwood decking, some tools to do work, sandpaper, etc....but it is
encouraging to be gently pushed in the direction of consume less...we hear way
too much of the opposite..as a GIVEN that we buy new, build new and go
conventional. As someone who has kicked out several carpenters and "contractors"
who did not grasp my recycle ideas, and did not comprehend reusuing, alt
thinking, etc..this book is refreshing... and I'll go back and rebrouse it to
help answer your question Darel..but it did not give as much actual building
info as the two cob books presently in print as I recall.

what I did NOT like about the book is the breaking up of pages with  separate
blocks of info in a box..the eye wants to continue reading, not jump into new
info, and breaking thought process , then having to flip the page  to reorient
and continue...just my opinion.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534
707-441-1632