Cob: sacrilege

David Kammer david_j_kammer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 15:56:04 CDT 2002

Hi All,
I'm working with a local p-patch (community garden)
that is very interested in having a few cob benches
built.  Unfortunately, due to some draconian city
codes, and some semi-draconian city inspectors, the
group is very nervous about putting up roofing
structures over the benches.  Is there any ways of
finishing off a bench so that it doesn't require a
roof? The group has said that they are willing to look
at, if necessary, (and here comes the sacrilege)
un-natural compounds?  Ideally I would like to do the
whole project with a clean and clear conscious and
building ethic, but I would rather see the benches
built of cob with some kind of an evil coating than
see them built from entirely evil things like PTL.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave