Cob:do a wood shake roof

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Aug 14 18:29:50 CDT 2002

Why not just use a simple wooden shake shed  style roof?  Here in N CA you
can get recycled one, thick butt-cut..2" thick in spots, and make a roof?

I believe Ianto's cob garden wall has a simple 2-3 shakes per side tent
-like (gable) roof.

A cob bench I am building with a friend up in Hayfork CA ( very hot dry,
but wet winters) is having  end poles cobbed in to the bench sides, and a
slanted shed style  roof covering of the old shakes.  Most of these shakes
were torn off a local college roof and there are millions of them very
cheap.  there must be some like that near you?  if not I can give the
number to the wonder woman who took it upon herself to keep all those
shakes from 50000 sq ft of roof from going to the landfill!

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com