Cob: Re: "Class warfare" vs. Cob for the People!

Ocean ocean at peacemaking.org
Tue Aug 20 14:05:01 CDT 2002

Interesting to interpret a cobbing liberation philosophy as "class
warfare".

Cob as advocated by Ianto and Linda is essential a "self-help" housing
solution, ideal for the vast number of citizens (dare I say majority?)
who are forced into substandard housing by a corrupt and unjust system
of building codes and industrial construction.

  The only "weapons" in this "class war" seem to be the legal and
economic tools used by the corporate elite, prohibiting the underclass
from building perfectly safe earthen structures by legally declaring
then "unsound" and then requiring the rental or 30-year-mortgaged
"purchase" of "sound" conventional structures at ridiculously
unaffordable rates.

Ianto and Linda nowhere advocate attacking anyone.  They only want to
help people take care of themselves, by modeling a simple lifestyle and
offering a beautifully elegant, affordable way for us to build our own
homes.  Linda and Ianto embody the essence of nonviolent liberation, and
I bristle at the suggestion they are advocating "class warfare".

Ocean