Cob: Cob Swimming Pool & Bathtub??

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed Sep 18 00:07:05 CDT 2002

Amanda,
  thanks for sending the link I was talking about.

> A pool has not been tried as far as I know (The standing water would be a
> real problem.) however here is an article on some ways to seal a leaking
> pond. The bit on gley is the section of interest however other methods
> mentioned have a great deal of use as well. I am not certain however if you
> would really want to swim in it if you use Gley. ;)

I am not an expert here, but, my understanding is that if you have a
living pond, with reeds and fish that the reeds and other plants will
purify the water.  Several large projects are using this for water
purification.  The fish are for the mosquito larva and I suppose you
could eat them or sell them.   My feeling is that the natural
micro-organisms would purify the pond over time.

Stagnation is certainly to be avoided.  I think stagnation is also a
factor of the amount of oxygen in the water.  That's why I believe fish
tanks use those bubble generators to put oxygen into the water to keep
it from stagnating.