Cob: Workshop: Learn to Build A Downdraft Rocket Mass Heater

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Sep 27 17:32:49 CDT 2002

PYROMANIA! Workshop: Learn to Build A Downdraft Rocket Mass Heater
October 18-20
Coquille, Oregon

We'll build a gravity-feed downdraft rocket floor heater stove. Rocket
stoves are easy to build with scavenged materials, offering  maximal
efficiency at minimal cost.  Many cob builders install rocket bench
heaters, piping their stove through a cob bench, making a cozy place to
hang out in the winter months.  These stoves also make a fine addition
to other types of houses, slashing fuel use and transforming living
spaces with a cob bench.

We'll explore many other aspects of combustion, comfort, and heating our
bodies not buildings, using our own several unique, hand-built stoves as
examples, and we'll have fun by the autumn campfire. This is also a
great opportunity to check out the three new cob cottages we've been
building at the site of the new North American School of Natural Building.

$200 fee includes materials, use of tools, camping space and vegetarian
meals. 10% discount friends and families coming together.  Limit 8 people.

Begins Friday with dinner at 6 p.m. and ends Sunday after lunch.

For more information or to register, contact Cob Cottage Co., P.O. Box
123, Cottage Grove, OR 97424, 541/924-2005 (phone/fax);
www.deatech.com/cobcottage