Cob: cob life- salvage

Melanie Kleiner woolylam at designsbywoolylam.com
Sat Sep 28 00:15:17 CDT 2002

There is a salvage guy about 20 miles from us and he takes down old houses
for a living.  I went and visited him and he says his lumber is priced
pretty much half of what Menards would be.
Also we got a sink one time by going up to a house that was being torn down
and asking the people taking it down if anything was available in there.
We do have a friend in the junk business who gave us a heads up on that one.
 But talk to salvage yards,etc.  Also sometimes houses are advertised to be
ripped down.  I saw some pictures of cob houses that used some used car
windows too.  That's why it intrigues me so much- it is so creative!