Cob: Grandson's playhouse

Melanie Kleiner woolylam at designsbywoolylam.com
Sat Sep 28 00:16:09 CDT 2002

You are right! - Clay we have- my garden paths were pretty slick after a
rain when I dug the top soil off to put it on my raised beds until I put
straw on them.  (does that mean my paths are cob?) :)

I only have my grandson one day a week and I thought a small project would
be great for starters.  I'm sure he'll like squishing in the clay and
slapping some on the structure, but I'll be betting I'll be doing most of
it!  It sounds fun anyway!  We also have lots of limestone for the footings.
 I thought thatch might be kindof fun to try for such a small structure.