Cob: fire hearth suggestions??

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Oct 2 10:50:13 CDT 2002

Aile- you may want to use refractory  fire brick on the stove,
specifically made for high heat, not regular brick that will crack easily.

the cob may crack and fall away from the wood stove too,  I'd read a
fire place /wood stove book from the library to see what you can do and
not do.  I know cobbers use  metal drums to funnel heat, but it may be
the size of the drum interior that tempers how hot the heat is that
touches the side walls, whereas the  wood stove is much smaller, get
hotter?...dunno...maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

anyone know?

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Eureka  CA 95534
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com