Cob: RE: cob domes

Ben Harrison bharriso at crystald.com
Thu Oct 3 13:17:34 CDT 2002

Nader K.'s work is brilliiant. I'm very familiar with it. The thing is, he's
already proven that
technique of dome building. What is intrigueing to me personally is the idea
of using only materials
and techniques that would have been familiar to our ancestors thousands of
years ago to build an earthen dome
structure that could come reasonably close to competeing with a similar
sized structure made from
wood, nails, drywall and shingles. With our current knowledge of the
primative building techniques from
around the world, I wonder could some of these earlier methods and materials
be combined to create a stronger,
more durable, possibly more elegant type of structure that technically could
have existed in the stone age. Maybe
there is something to be dicovered there. It sounds like an exciting
challenge to me.

-Ben