Cob: earth bags

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Oct 3 21:30:50 CDT 2002

Ben,

> Ben Harrison wrote:
> What is intrigueing to me personally is the idea of using only materials
> and techniques that would have been familiar to our ancestors
> thousands of years ago to build......

Just what are the bags made out of?  Not likely a material available
thousands of years ago.

Thousands of years ago they didn't have barbed-wire either, which he
uses.

But, I agree with you.  It is an interesting technique to use.  For
myself though, I tend to like the more monolithic type cob technique.  I
think that with cob you have more freedom of forms.

Darel

> It sounds like an exciting challenge to me.
> -Ben

Your very right here Ben.  It is exciting and I personally wish I could
experiemnt a lot.

Darel