Cob: RE: cob domes

Ben Harrison bharrison at crystald.com
Wed Oct 9 20:20:01 CDT 2002

Oh my god. That is sooo cool. In my sketchbooks I have drawings of sructures
very similar to this one. In mine though the circular "umbrella" is even
larger in diameter
so as to better shield the srtucture from direct rain and I also had planned
for a smaller
second "umbrella" that had NO hole in it that would be raised up a few feet
higher from the actual
top which would allow smoke to escape but that would help keep rain from
pouring down directly into
the open hole. Just picture the japanese sructure on that website with one
of those shallow pointy
straw hats that the people who work in the rice fields wear suspended above
the hole. I had also
envisioned both of these "umbrellas" being made of thatch. This is very
inspiring and almost exactly
what I've been trying to describe. Thanks alot.

- Ben