Cob: earthbags/cob domes

Ben Harrison bharrison at crystald.com
Tue Oct 8 20:33:41 CDT 2002

Promise I wont go on too much here. Just wanted to say that I started to
reply to Graham Peters and set him straight
but before I could finish I received Neana's wonderful reply as well as
jennifer's and Amanda's. Obviously someone
was paying attention and understood my frustration without taking offense.
So I didn't bother finishing that reply.
Was what I was saying really that hard to decipher? Anyway, I appreciate the
suggestions and comments,
especially Neana's. She summed up my feelings pretty well. The idea would
probably only work in an arid environment if it
works at all. I'm one of those people who unfortunately at this time doesn't
have a piece of land large enough to try this stuff
out on. I do own a nice house in the San Francisco Bay area but my backyard
is only large enough to accommodate my deck
and some minimal landscaping. So I'm limited to just thinking about this
stuff in my head and sketching things on paper.
Again, I appreciate the more positive and relevant replies to my nutty
ideas.

- Ben