Cob: cob over traditional house?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:57:16 CST 2002

I remember from an old Out on Bale, which I no longer own, that there was a
plan to encase a mobile home in straw bales.  I've no idea what happened,
but somebody will.  I hope they were putting a roof over it, if it didn't
already have one, because seems like roof leaks are (well, one of them,
anyway) the big weakness of trailers.

Julianne wrote (snipped)
OK - here's a twist on that idea - what about a cob encasement for a metal
structure - like a 30 year old mobile home????
any thoughts (suggestions, warnings, etc!)
Never occurred to me that this might be a possibility until now......
Thanks