Cob: NE cob and gable roofs

andrea arnold yodasroom at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 2 13:22:21 CST 2002

hi everyone - two quick things.  Someone last week was
inquiring about cob in the north east.  There is a
small cob/sustainable building company in VT, and they
offer workshops and I think you can host workshops
through them as well - www.spiralworks.org, I haven't
been up there personally, just know of the place from
my own searching.

Second, I want to build my own cob house next year and
have been doing alot of reading.  I'm weary of
building my own roof but would like to do all the work
on my house without hiring carpenters, contractors,
etc.  So far the public library has only turned up
books that are rather complicated and overwhelming.
Can anyone recommend a good, simple book on roof
design and construction?

thanks!  - Andrea