Cob:: earthen oven --Lorena

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Nov 9 12:23:58 CST 2002

Ianto Evans worked on a book called Lorena Stoves, and I have an old
copy. It is now out of print, and shows the table-like stoves wherein
the pots sat into the holes, where the fire was underneath,  the problem
I have heard is they smoked like crazy around the pots, and later rocket
stoves replaced them.  although I hear many  people still like them.
 they are a more modern invention.

the only aspect is that they were a CLAY  hand made table and oven in
one..so it made it easier to cook on the surface by dropping the pot
into the hole.

These may have been used in CHina and Korea as I recall, in another shape.