Cob: Re: Lady Bugs

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:53:51 CST 2002

Thanks for the tip.  Is your trap home made--it doesn't sound too hard to
improvise?  Although I think I'll substitute something for the talcum
powder). I guess I'm glad to know what the allergy is to with the little
horrors.  Wasn't sure if it was odor or bites.

Here is a reporting site for the Asian Lady Beetles, by the way.
http://www.pmcenters.org/northcentral/MALB/

Don't know about cob, tightly sealed--any openings with screens, no gaps
between frame and sash--is the key--maybe put traps outside?  Some friends
plastered over a gorgeous cordwood wall because the little monsters swarmed
in through the developing cracks in the wood. Now, instead of thousands,
they only have dozens.

Myra wrote, I snipped:...but the one which is working well so
far is a black light in a darkened, warm room.  This attracts the heat
seekers and due to a talcum powder slide device, they collect down in the
bottom and can be released (that's up to you) or disposed of outside.

I wonder if cob houses have the lady bug problem????