Cob: Land opportunity in Costa Rica

Arlie Haig ajhaig at sonic.net
Mon Nov 18 05:24:51 CST 2002

Hi,
Most of you on this list know me somwhat, but for those who don't, I
attended the recent Gaviotas conference in NM, am involved in "establishing
sustainable communities" and green building, especially Cob, and have begun
to implement those efforts with my enterprise in Costa Rica. A visit to my
website will give you a good idea of what I am doing there.

I am the owner of about 5 acres of land near San Vito, which is near the
border crossing to Panama of Rio Sereno. It is in the mountains at 3200
feet, has a mean temp of around 70-80 and is one of the good coffee growing
regions

I just was informed that there is a neighbor who needs to sell his land of
approx 5 acres and the prospective buyer wants to put cows and goats on it.
So my associate, one of the leaders of FAC (a non-profit, explained on my
website, http://www.ticoorganico.com/fac1.htm), has asked me to search for
another buyer so the land doesn't have cows.

The property has two permanent streams, has about 40 or 50 amarillon trees
(a good hardwood) and is isolated from other houses. Most of the property in
that area is rural and of this size. The price of $18,500 is negociable I
believe.

My website has many photos of the area,
http://www.ticoorganico.com/Photos.htm
and
http://www.web-docs.com/CostaRica+PanamaGallery/index.htm

The cabin just built for me cost only $10k - inexpensive as I don't need ac,
a fancy kitchen, or screened windows (very few mosquitos in the area).

I am going down on Dec 10 and staying till Jan 29, barring emergencies here
in Santa Rosa, if you are interested, come with or meet me there!

Please let others know of this opportunity but please take care in posting
to lists.

Thanks,
Arlie