Cob: Another Question

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:36:33 CST 2002

I'm just coming to the conclusion that cob is wonderful.  Never seen a cob
building.  I've been around a couple of straw bale buildings, although I've
never helped put a roof one one.  You're starting to get answers from people
who HAVE, though.

Kim wrote:
Thanks for responding. I've heard about
using buried pieces of wood to wire the roof to. I've never
seen any built that way in person. Have you? I'm just
curious as to how well it works, and wonder if there
are any specifics I should know should I decide to go that
route. So far all I'm certain about is burying keyed,
home-made I-beams in the top of the wall. Will this be
sufficient for holding the roof on or should I also
tie it down?