Cob: Window Installation

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Dec 28 12:40:46 CST 2002

There is also the idea of using/scrounging  nice old single paneed
windows in frames, and adding the second pane of glass to make your own
double window, before cobbing in.  A builder told me to be sure to use a
small dessicant pack or part of one in the window , caulk or wood trim
to hold in place, THEN it could be cobbed in.

But as Amanda and I both have said just putting up storm windows makes a
big difference for the winder, and then insulated curtains inside.  Low
tech and easy to do.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534
707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com