[Cob] NC building codes and cob

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Mon Nov 17 16:46:59 CST 2003

 I'm told that it will take a while (10 years) but is not impossible. With the cost of an engineer at $70 to $150 dollars an hour, proscribed rules in the building code would be good in the long run.

Phil Hawn, President

PHIL, YOU GET A lot OF CREDIT FOR DOING THIS...GOING FOR THE BIG PICTURE AND LOOKING DOWN THE ROAD IS THE BEST WAY FOR FUTURE BUILDERS.

opps caps...

DCAT and David Eisenberg have taken a positive and ongoing approach to educating building depts, but it will and does take years.

Until our mental set in our culture is  NOT "Keep up with the Jones'...bigger is better, buy new, processed chemically saturated products from major producers and fill up all those thousands of sq. ft." ..... well ....it will take years.

But since this is the long term  future for our children  and generations to follow people like you should be supported in the community.  Keep us posted on your adventure.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 375, Cutten   CA 95534 707-441-1632    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
 http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com