[Cob] PYROMANIA! Workshop

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Jan 9 22:16:27 CST 2004

Learn to build a downdraft mass heater
Feb. 6-8, 2004
Cob Cottage Co., Cottage Grove, OR

We'll build a gravity-feed downdraft rocket floor
heater stove. Ianto Evans will be teaching from the
draft of his new book on woodburning rocket stoves (to
be available later this year).  These stoves are easy
to build with scavenged materials, offering  maximal
efficiency at minimal cost.  Many cob builders install
rocket bench heaters, piping their stove through a cob
bench, making a cozy place to hang out in the winter
months.  We'll explore many other aspects of
combustion, comfort, and heating our bodies not
buildings, and we'll have fun by the fire.

$180 fee includes materials, use of tools, camping
space and all meals. $50 discount for Oregon
residents.  Limit 8 people.

Begins Friday at  6 p.m. with dinner and end after
lunch on Sunday.

Contact Cob Cottage Co., P.O. Box 123, Cottage Grove,
OR 97424, 541/942-2005 (phone/fax); www.cobcottage.com