FW: RE: [Cob] Mendo project this summer

David Knowlton pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:22:29 CST 2004

>From: "Yun Que" <yunk88 at hotmail.com>
>To: pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com
>Subject: RE: [Cob] Mendo project this summer
>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:03:32 -0500

Cat here,  the way I am planning my in ground heat is to put air tubes into
the foundation.  I have a step farm and will have my heat source in a green
house below the house.  The thought is that the heat from the greenhouse and
masonary stove will rise into the tubes under my earth packed floor with
Spanish tile or whatever on top.  No fans no electric just heat rising with
some plugs in the green house to regulate the amount of heat.  I have
cannibelized an old brick building so I may make my chanels of small arches
of brick packed against my foundation dirt.  Also look at 8 sided structures
they give the most space for the least amount of roof and foundation!  Very
cost effective as well as labor saving!  Hope this gives you some ideas!