[Cob] Cob: Washington, DC: Lime plaster

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Feb 2 17:35:26 CST 2004

Hi Ed, sounds like you are having fun with the lime.  The plaster should not be
watery...is should stick to the trowel a little bit, and not slide off too fast
when you go to apply it.

It may not hurt the overall job, as the water will just evaporate, or hurt the air
carbonation of the lime.

If plaster feels too dry you can just "beat" it on a big scrap board, OR just use a
paint stem mixer on a drill  to get it creamy. if you need to ad water add just a
tiny amount of lime water from the  soaking bin.

I would leave the watery plaster OPENED to the air in a cool moist area overnight
and remix before using again.

Wish I was closer  it sounds like a nice fun job to help with!

www.northcoast.com/~tms/render.html   <<< has info on lime plasters

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com