[Cob] Summer courses

yew yew at premier1.net
Sun Feb 8 12:36:10 CST 2004

From: "Stephanie"

>I am looking into courses this summer (probably on the
>west coast) where I can get some hands-on experience
>with cob and other natural building and living
>experience. I would like to hear about other courses
>than the ones I list below, AND others' experiences
>with any of these courses or groups.

My husband took a four-day cob course with Cobworks (www.cobworks.com) in
British Columbia last summer.  I believe they were pet-friendly.  My husband
said that at least one of the attendees had their dog with them, but I'd get
in touch with the Cobworks folks to find out for sure.  My husband has
nothing but glowing things to say about the experience.

I'm taking a similar course with House Alive (www.housealive.org) not only
because they come highly recommended, but also because the workshop is close
to some land the husband and I own on the Olympic Peninsula.  In short, it's
convenient.

Brina