[Cob] Soundproofing on a traditionally built wall

charmaine taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Feb 16 01:01:10 CST 2004

Lulu---  you can sound proof a wall simply  with  paper egg cartons, by using the  egg cup side
only, you staple direct to the  sheetrock/drywall- you do one layer, then go over with a second
layer overlapping to block any breaks between edges. or use the lid part

you can recycle the cartons after use in future, and prolly buy them from a local chicken ranch
or distributor

have not hear how the foam ones work for this, try 'em.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com

http://www.axwoodfarm.com/PAHS/RiceHulls.html

240 GREAT Canadian-written articles on  homebuilding-all aspects
http://wolf.cisti.nrc.ca/irc/cbd/cbd-e.html

Hundreds of house-building related links:
http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/links.htm