[Cob] cob as mortar for cordwood wall

Ian Marcuse dtebb at alternatives.com
Thu Feb 19 19:21:45 CST 2004

I have seen cob mortar shrink away from the cordwood. Make sure you
have a good amount of sand in your mix to lessen shrinkage. Be sure
to do some testing before you start.I'm not sure what people's
thoughts are on adding a small amount of cement. It would be good to
test with cement also.

Ian Marcuse