[Cob] mea culpa- on cob & mucking gloves

Dognyard dognyard at stockroom.ca
Tue Feb 24 09:32:51 CST 2004

Charmaine Taylor wrote:

> BUT if you want to add  lime (or  animal dung)  in mixing cob you may want a pair
> of gloves that extend to the upper arm.  Also if there are rocks, anything sharp
> in the mix , or cuts on your fingers then  gloves are a good idea. Clay can also
> suck all the oils from your skin over the months it takes to build...so
>
> ...I keep hunting  for and buying the best/comfortable gloves I can to spare my
> hands,
>
> These are in medium size, are comfy to wear, an eyeblinding redish, and will be
> $11. a pair.

Thanks...I had thought about this but hadn't really looked for any
gloves yet. I did a low wall a few years ago using broken concrete, and
besides being sharp, just handling the concrete and mortar did a number
on my skin.

I'm in Canada...can you tell me where the gloves are from?

Thanks,

Karen in Alberta