[Cob] icynene

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:21:35 CST 2004

I have a "mostly natural" friend who does a fair amount of building who
thinks it's the best thing since--oh, maybe stir fried ginger and
vegetables--for other purposes.  I've had the same wondering, though.

Most people would say that there had to be ventilation directly under the
roof, even it it's only half an inch or so ending at a vent at the ridge.
Not sure but maybe on a stem wall, though?

Copper Harding wrote:
I know that this is not within the use available
materials mantra.  It is curiosity only.  Does anyone
have any experience with icynene insulation and cob?
It has good R-values and is more mouldable than your
regular insulation.  It says that it will stick to
metal - which might be a good choice with a metal roof
on a cob cottage.  However, it is waterproof - toally
and that makes me think that it might not be a good
combination with cob.

Copper

=====
Ms. Copper Harding