[Cob] pics

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:16:39 CST 2004

I agree with Mary--gorgeous, but it wouldn't look like that long if I lived
there.  Think kids dirty fingerprints and lockers as well.  (also looking
farther, it may be that some of what we think of as home pictures are
pictures of the school--I wasn't too careful, but there did seem to be a lot
of picture duplication--but maybe all the same colors and shapes on the
thumbnails made me think that).

But, are ANY of those pretty windows openable, with screens?

(anybody remember that old "Woodbutcher's Art" book?  Those places mostly
looked like people lived there, even if they'd straightened for the
pictures.  A good condition copy of that book's gotten expensive now:
http://www.digmodern.biz/si/3103.html  )
Mary wrote (snipped):

The home  interiors look really great, but I can't imagine living in such a
place. It looks like a house for someone who has no life and no detritis of
daily living---no place for the hairbrush with hair in it; a dog or messy
parakeet pets; toast crumbs; muddy outdoor shoes; potato bin; computer; 750
books and so on.
While a cob house requires "downsizing," I still think it should be a home
and not a magazine picture. If anyone has ideas to share on the subject of
what is enough simplicity and how real people should fit into their
handbuilt homes....

Copper contributed the link earlier:
 > http://www.rogerdean.com/architecture/index.htm

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.