[Cob] Small houses

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Mar 1 22:35:35 CST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Mary Hooper wrote:

[snip]
> While a cob house requires "downsizing," I still think it should be a home
> and not a magazine picture. If anyone has ideas to share on the subject of
> what is enough simplicity and how real people should fit into their
> handbuilt homes, I'd like to hear from you off line if you/shannon thinks
> this is not on topic. mjhooperNOSPAM at trccomputing.com (take out the nospam)
[snip]

I don't have a problem with some discussion of small houses (particularly
if they are Cob), so long as we don't go overboard and turn the list into
the "small house" list.  This is particularly relevant for Cob, since it
is alot of work to build, so it makes sense to start small when building
with it.

If you like small, my cob house has 70 square feet plus a loft,
squeezing it into the 120 sq. ft. exterior footprint and 10 feet above
grade maximum height didn't leave alot of options :-)