[Cob] Cobbing ideas for Kids

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:51:13 CST 2004

I've been thinking about those gorgeous little models made of dried clay
bricks in Nader Khalili's Ceramic Houses.  The reader is graciously allowed
to admire them on page whatever, before learning a couple of pages later
that they were made by third of fourth graders.  Arches, vaults, and domes.

The material is pretty brittle, so maybe something that can be built on a
board and then taken home carefully?
Linda Fletcher (jaylajayla) wrote:

A friend of mine is an artist and teaches at a cultural center in NYC.  We
want to put together a project for kids using natural plasters on baskets
etc.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how we can introduce natural
building/plaster materials in a group setting for children aged 6 to 18?
We will only use a clay, sand and straw mix.

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!