[Cob] Two wall questions

Suzanne Courteau suzanne at cour.to
Wed Mar 31 08:55:31 CST 2004

Hola!

First question is, what about rebar in the foundation part of the walls to keep
the walls from slipping off during a quake? Pros/cons?

Second, I notice here in Oaxaca a lot of moisture damage to interior plaster
walls, both from exterior cracks and from moisture build-up. Locally, buildings
are mostly adobe or cement brick, not cob, but have those of you living and
cooking and bathrooming in your cob homes noticed problems with moisture
ruining your plaster finish? Or the walls? If your roof wasn't attached I
suppose that would help, but I'm curious as to people's experiences.

Suzanne Courteau