[Cob] (no subject)

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Apr 3 03:38:12 CST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:26:17AM -0800, yew wrote:
>From: "Jonathan Walther"
>
>>It has a lot to do with so-called "capitalism", which
>>is a harmful and damaging concept, in that it equates
>>soul-damning usury with the free exchange of goods
>>and services for money.
>
>While I agree with you (I wish housing could be made more affordable for
>folks and that bureaucracy could be kept to a minimum), my point was that
>not everyone believes that capitalism is soul-damning (in the Biblical
>sense).  I don't believe in damnation, personally.

Now you are equating capitalism with usury.  Capitalism is a false word,
because it conflates two very different things.  I am not opposed to
"capitalism", because capitalism is a null concept.  I am opposed to
usury and exploitation.

The Marxists invented the word "Capitalism" because they wanted to
destroy Western society.  They took the concept of usury (evil) and
the concept of freedom to innovate and trade as one saw fit (good), and
combined the two into one concept.  Is it any wonder people argue
endlessly about whether "Capitalism" is good or bad?  It is a false
concept.

Jonathan

--
Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)