[Cob] wall height-Building Codes and Testing

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Apr 5 15:40:01 CDT 2004

Chad you may have a problem with an 8 ft wall..unless your area permits
taller versions...6 ft. is standard. ...and higher  is considered "spite"
fencing, and of course in front of a house  a max of 3-4 is standard,
unless the existing fence is grandfathered in before codes rules were begun
( in my are it was the 1970s...so some neighbors have nice 6' redwood
fences and gates you can't see into, whereas new neighbors to the left of
me could only frow a hedge 3 ft tall I believe. ( the3y kept it 3 ft at
least)  my own picket fence is 35 years old and is 4 ft tall...I can
replace boards and change design, but not go to 6 ft without some reason
they will
accept. ( possibly an ornate metal gate with oven view, not a solid wall
gate, etc)

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com