[Cob] bamboo ceiling in cob house

dorethy at juno.com dorethy at juno.com
Tue Apr 20 22:47:31 CDT 2004

My cob/strawbale house has a clay tile roof supported with 2 x 12 rafters.  I'd like to put up bamboo mats for a ceiling, which of course must be insulated.  Someone said I'd need a moisture barrier between the bamboo and the insulation.  I was of the opinion that in a cob house, breathability is implied.  Would not this be an infringement on that concept?  Or does it not apply to a ceiling?  (The insulation I'm thinking of is a corn product that resembles pale yellow styrofoam when it sets up and I'm told it is "natural".)  If anyone has an educated opinion, I would like some input.  Thanks.
Dorethy from Kansas

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!