[Cob] painting black asphalt/ dog hair in cob plastermix

Charmaine Taylor-dirtcheapbuilder tms at northcoast.com
Tue Apr 27 23:19:35 CDT 2004

Quinn... Yes....my comment replied to the OTHER materials in the  AE fence  paint..of course AE has ASPHALT..which is the crude low level petrol.

as for dog hair..I use it, white, black, yellow..all colors work ( haha)  just brush out the dog, save the hair, and use the longer hair.  go to a clipping salon, that is not at tangled as
wire comb.

Sprinkle into the mix, don't throw a big clump in, and  when you pull up a trowel load of it you should see little hairs sticking out all over..similar to goat and other animal hair.. Human
hair is considered too fine and brittle..tar, unprocessed,  as you have noted....mixed with water and bentonite clay in emulsion...many other formulations exist which have spirits, are "cut"
with gasoline, etc. and are very flammable.

I did not mean to confuse anyone..   the info sheet MSDS in the link below shows the content, and that it is non hazardous, and non flammable

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com