[Cob] plasters-limewash-whitewash

Charmaine Taylor-dirtcheapbuilder tms at northcoast.com
Fri Apr 30 11:47:04 CDT 2004

WHITEWASH IS LIMEWASH.

it is the safest non toxic paint to be found.   some small "dusting" can
occur but adding  oil/soap to the mix fixes that...should be applied
thinly..the lime water looks clear, but dries white.

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/wash.html  << good Britich article on it

I also placed a ton of lime related resources on a "blog" for the curious.
some great images of combed and parget plasters at the Anna Kettle site  (
listed there)  http://dirtcheapbuilder.blogspot.com/

 Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com