[Cob] Cob Workshops/courses in Australia?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 07:13:01 CDT 2004

welcome to the list and all that.

If you hear of anyone within a not too awful drive asking for volunteers for
any of those things it would probably be a good idea to go.  There's a fair
amount of cross-fertilization, as in "oh, we'd really like to have a whole
cob house but it's soooo slow, so we're just putting in a cob staircase and
entryway."  Or there could be more people there who are doing the same thing
you are doing.  (it doesn't really HAVE to be all that slow.)

Things like earth plastering and floors are going to be the same.  And will
give you a good idea of how clay and sand work.

Heather writes:
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this and desperately want to do a good, "cob
basics" workshop.  I live in Australia (Queensland) and have had no luck in
finding out if there are any courses offered anywhere in Australia on cob
construction.  There are quite a few courses in straw bale, mud brick, pise
etc but cob doesn't seem to be at all an ongoing concern here.

This is probably a long shot but any leads on cob building courses Down
Under would be great.  I guess if there are none I might have to come visit
the States!

Heather Horne

Premium!