[Cob] Lime wash over AE?

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 06:43:28 CDT 2004

I'm building a Cobwood/Earthbag shed as a learning
project. I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to put
AE on the existing earthbags to protect them from UV.
I've thought about using paper adobe over the AE, but am
wondering if I could just use a white wash over the AE?  Will
the white wash be white? over a black AE? Another question
is how do I color the white wash to a green or ocher (reddish) color?
I like the idea of using a white wash but would like some
other color than white for the earthbag wall.  You can see
a picture at:  http://www.owlswamp.com/projects/eb_shed/shed.html
I hope this question is okay for the coblist.  I consider myself a
cob builder, and this project does have cob in the mortar mix.
thanks for your help.