[Cob] cob raised beds?

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 08:22:06 CDT 2004

   Cat here,  In my area there are many cut stone.  I have collected them
   for years and have made my raised beds from these.  In areas that do
   not have the cut variety there may be stone available to dry stack.
   It takes some doing to dry stack but it looks beautiful.  It's about
   the same as doing the foundation to your cob only not as wide.  When I
   lived in CA the mexican workers were very talented building these.
   The paths between the beds can be done of sand and lime it makes for
   less weeding.
   for the good of all C.
   >From: Joseph R Dupont <joedupont at juno.com> >To: yew at premier1.net >CC:
   coblist at deatech.com >Subject: Re: [Cob] cob raised beds? >Date: Tue,
   25 May 2004 01:56:18 -0400 > >Please.... Toxic.. Maybe to smell.. show
   me any info that you get sick >from raising plants in tires. >The
   tires are there.. rain will wash away any build ups. If your really
   >upset line it with PE. >I know PE is toxic too right? >Wooden pallets
   are treated with stuff too. >Make the raised beds from glass bottles
   and cement. >I know cement caused the ruin of the planet. >You can
   cast thick berms out of paperpulp too.. but you would not like >the
   INK. >I give up. > >On Mon, 24 May 2004 22:12:32 -0700 "yew"
   <yew at premier1.net> writes: > > From: "Joseph R Dupont" > > > > >tires
   tires tires > > > > Toxic, toxic, toxic. > > > > Might be okay for
   ornamentals, but I'd never use them around food > > crops. > > > >