[Cob] cob paving?

Lance Collins collinsl at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 2 07:54:40 CDT 2004

Hi Steve,

I would consider putting weedmat between two layers else the clay will
migrate down into the gravel and you will lose the drainage over time.

Several years ago I placed 4 inches of half inch river pebbles, a sheet of
weedmat and an inch of pebbles beside my shed.  Over time soil has washed
into the top layer of pebbles and made a hard layer similar to the surface
your are proposing.   No significant amount of soil has penetrated the
weedmat and the underlying drain is still working OK.

Lance